Solar Panel Drone & Handheld Thermal Imaging
Clean Solar Solutions offer a complete IR thermography service using drone and handheld thermal imaging cameras as we continue to look to add value to our solar maintenance service to solar installers, investors and solar array owners.
Thermal imaging is a proven way of diagnosing faults on solar panels and their key components. Faulty solar panels, wiring or connectors can lead to power losses and in turn and financial losses and also increase the risk of electrical fire.
Our solar thermal imaging service offers several advantages to solar installers and end-users alike. Our thermal imaging cameras, mounted on drones or handheld versions, can see anomalies and faults that can clearly been seen on a crisp thermal image and unlike some other fault finding methods, we can use our thermal cameras to spot faults while the solar panels are still in operation.
We have partnered with Cleandrone, a professional drone surveying company who can survey utility scale solar farms and large roof mounted solar arrays using an octocopter, fully equipped with a high quality visual and thermal imaging camera, irradiance meter and powerful onboard computer which can analyse the data in real time and provide accurate, automated, real time reports.
We are able to provide a thermal imaging service during array installation, but perhaps most importantly, we can provide you with a regular predictive maintenance check-up after the solar panels have been installed. Our thermal cameras will spot potential problem areas and you can then look to repair before actual problems or failures occur.
Our thermal imaging camera allows us to quickly identify defects at both module and cell level as well as wiring and interconnection problems under normal operating conditions and we do not require a system shut down. This means that we can provide your system with a regular check-up and potentially increase drastically the solar array owners return on investment.
Common faults include:
- Bypass Diode Failures
- Clusters of Thermal Anomalies
- Disconnected Panels
- Overheating components in junction and connection boxes
Any faults or anomalies that are found are reported to your site maintenance team or solar array owner. Where a member of the solar maintenance team is on site, they may be able to rectify any problems that require urgent attention.
The benefits of using Clean Solar Solutions Ltd to conduct this electrical thermographic survey include:
- Power is not interrupted during a survey. No downtime or loss of revenue.
- This is a predictive maintenance technique which will make your business more reliable and reduce the risk of fire. We are able to detect faults which if left unattended would lead to breakdown or risk of fire.
- We provide clear and comprehensive mapping and reports that detail the suspected cause of the fault, the severity of the problem and our recommendation of remedial action that may be required to repair.
- We only use high resolution thermal imaging equipment which allows us to detect faults on smaller components and allows us to keep a safe distance from potential faults.
- Thermal images can be emailed to you while we are still on site for ‘live’ viewing.
- Bespoke scheduling and depth of surveys can be arranged.
Drone Thermal Imaging Solar Panel Surveying
The types of equipment we can survey include:
- Switchgear and Switchboards
- Busbar Systems
- Distribution Boards and Fuse Boards
- High Voltage Systems
- Overhead Power Lines & Substations
- Control Panels
- UPS Systems
- Solar Panels
Get in Touch
Please contact us if you would like to arrange a thermal imaging survey on your solar array.